We have a little bit of infographic inception here. An article and infographic about how to go through the whole process of infographics. I have created a couple of infographics in my day and let me say that it is nothing like other mediums.
- Videos require setting up the scene, overshooting, trimming the fat, and making it sparkle.
- Blog articles are all about getting a great content flow that is readable.
- Social media much of the time is about spewing content that works within the content strategy.
Infographics, a little more meticulous.
Here are my three favorite tips on infographic making from the inception-like infographic below:
- Don’t just present the facts, that’s so lazy. What you present should work into how you present it which should work into the whole design of the infographic that flows. Whew!
- The infographic shows off ten different ways to visualize data. My favorites are definitely comparing and contrasting as well as the statistical formats. Don’t settle with just one method.
- Promoting your infographic is also important. Facebook does not do well with infographics, so you may need to chop it up into pieces and link to your blog article to get the whole piece. Others like Pinterest LOVE infographics.
Have you created an infographic?
Share it in the comments, we’d love to see it.