Are you interested in joining the ChurchMag Minecraft server?
Take a look at our rules and FAQ’s before you apply, and if you have any questions before you submit your application, feel free to contact us.
- No destroying the view. Go crazy with getting sand, clay, wood, and other resources but restore. Sand means you need to get a solid block under a single layer of sand so it looks untouched.
- Build locally before you go find another place when you branch off. We want collaboration and community, so even when you go off on your own, figure out how you can be community oriented. Your first home should not be crowded in, leave room to decorate, but do not expand beyond 300 blocks from the castle.
- No griefing, but pranks are encouraged. That being said, if you prank someone, the resources you used will be the prankee’s.
- When it’s not an emergency, trading is encouraged. (i.e. I need a sword to get all my stuff back, so go grab one. When first starting, take what you need to get going)
- Let’s Plays will be available once a month. We will communicate via slack and if a let’s play is agreed upon, leave that area free for the recording.
- We will use a central call in for all recordings (G+, RaidCall, etc) but you will need to be in on the call before the recording starts to take part, otherwise, you will have to communicate via chat in Minecraft.
- We know children like Minecraft and we all have kids. If we hear them on the recordings, that’s A-Okay, it even adds a dimension of “how to be a parent and do gaming at the same time” discussion.
- After our server size gets to a specific point, we may ask you to take part in an article for churchmag to supplement the cost, but at this time, no contribution is required.
- No stealing, no foul language, no offensive objects. This is a Christian based server and those expectations will be enforced.
- Every person we add has to go through the evaluation process as this is a whitelisted server. At this time, we have made a change that was agreed upon unanimously by all current group members to add the requirement that all members be at least 18 years of age. We hope you enjoy our content and your Minecraft experience.
- We can remove you from the whitelist without the need of a prior formal statement.
What server do you use?
We are using The Minecraft Hosting with 6GB of memory, unlimited SSD storage, and a 4Gbps pipe.
How much does it cost?
Right now, it is free (we are taking contributions to offset some of the cost).
Is there a community forum?
Yes! We all hang out and use Slack to communicate with each other.
Are you using any plugins or mods?
We are currently using Dynmap, SimpleBackups, and Good Night Sleep Tight. We run a vanilla server so we keep mods/plugins to a minimum.
Minecraft Theology is a blog series on ChurchMag that features the ChurchMag Minecraft world. These are not your typical Minecraft gaming videos. Each video tackle relevant topics to the ChurchMag community. Minecraft knowledge is not required to get something from these videos—join the discussion!
Here is the Minecraft Theology YouTube playlist and the links to individual posts following…
- Taking Inventory
- Time to Mine
- Giving Diamonds
- Meet Tim
- Acquiring Hardware
- Meet Sean
- We Need to Go Deeper
- Meet Shad
- Stayin’ Frosty
- Meet Auggie
- Monster Hunter
- The Lie
These videos feature ChurchMag’s Minecraft world and are your typical, fully awesome, Minecraft action.
- Smith Manor
- Item Sorter
- Hoppercart Item Distribution
- Prank Wars Begin
- Pranked & Italian Apartments
- Beginning A Race Track
- Water Race Track Complete
- Mob Farm
Here’s a list of Minecraft posts that have appeared on ChurchMag in the past. Further proof that ChurchMag is not only all about Church, technology, and creativity, but lots of fun. 😀
- A Minecraft Thanksgiving [Image]
- Would You Like to See A Realistic Minecraft? [Videos]
- The Largest Minecraft City Ever Made [Video]
- New LEGO Minecraft Kits!
- Minecraft vs Mario
- Awesome Minecraft Churches [Images & Videos]
- How-To Build an Awesome Minecraft Church [Tutorials]
- How Big is Minecraft? [Video]
- Mini LEGO Minecraft
- Minecraft Creeper Creeper [Tshirt]
- Geek Alert: 16-Bit ALU in Minecraft