Many of use email everyday. Others use email every hour. And than there are those of us who spend every waking moment in email (okay, that may be an overstatement).
However you may use email, the one constant social media has been and still is email. Knowing that can be cause to step up your game on email newsletters, campaigns, etc for your church or ministry. And one tool to help you get emails flowing to your congregation or ministry team is called MailChimp.
MailChimp is an email marketing tool, similar to the likes of Aweber, Constant Contact, or Emma. It has a very robust, yet elegant user interface, and the user experience is out of this world (seriously, the monkey will have you smiling). To put it simply, MailChimp works.
To help you set up an account and get started with MailChimp, allow me to take you through a step-by-step process to get you up and running your first campaign.
- Go to MailChimp, and sign up for free!
- Welcome to the dashboard! Now let’s create a list:
- Fill out the list details:
- Create a campaign:
- Choose a campaign type (we’ll select regular ol’ campaign):
- Select the list you just created and hit next:
Fill out your campaign info:
- Select a template:
- Let’s choose a theme template (Pop-up):
- Let’s customize the theme by selecting any of the elements and changing them to our liking:
- As you may notice, when you mouse over any of the the theme’s modules on the left and click on it, the edit screen on the right will change accordingly. Go ahead and play around with the theme, and customize it to your liking.
- Once you’ve made the changes, select preview and test > enter test mode:
Once you are satisfied, go ahead and hit next from the design page and you will be taken to the confirmation page:
- It’s time to hit send!
Congrats, you did it!
Let us know how you like MailChimp in the comments below.