A few days ago I asked this question via Twitter:
Here are just a handful of the responses that I got:
I would have to agree with these folks, these are definitely qualities that Pastor’s who “get it” are using to leverage Twitter effectively.
Here are some additional thoughts which I have found work. What would you add to this list?
A Pastor leverages Twitter strategically and effectively when:
- Very concious of their Ministry and Church “brand” and are obvious advocates, but at the same time do not oversell or spam ministry-centric tweets only.
- They share, provide value, link to others, retweet, but do not “sell.”
- They appear to be “real” humans; no canned responses, auto-tweets, or have their admin do it for them.
- They actually spell correctly and have decent grammar.
- They are committed long-term to the growth and use of their Twitter account.