For a limited time [TODAY ONLY], you can download–for free–this ebook by Tim Chester.
“Will You Be My Facebook Friend?” is all about social media and the Gospel. Not really about ‘spreading it,’ but how social media intersects with our Christian lives. It’s a short and quick read and there are many elements and topics covered here that I’ve read before, but it was nice to see them packaged together.
I really appreciate Tim’s use of scripture and citing sources such as Tim Challies. You can hardly go wrong doing that, am I right?
Here’s how you can download “Will You Be My Facebook Friend?” and Tim Chester’s guidelines for social networking:
Twelve Guidelines for Social Networking
- Don’t say anything online you wouldn’t say were the people concerned in the room.
- Don’t say anything online that you wouldn’t share publicly with your Christian community.
- Ensure your online world is visible to our offline Christian community.
- Challenge one another if you think someone’s online self reflects a self-created identity rather than identity in Christ.
- Challenge one another if you think someone’s online self doesn’t match their offline self.
- Use social networking to enhance real-world relationships, not replace them.
Get the ebook for the other six!
Here’s how to get your free copy of “Will You Be My Facebook Friend?”:
After adding the ebook to your basket and proceed to checkout from 10ofthose.com, use this code and the charge should be removed: 10ofthosefb
[You can also purchase the book directly from Tim Chester.]
[via Words of Grace]