I’m always on the lookout for great responsive WordPress frameworks and Reverie looks good.
Reverie Framework is an extremely versatile HTML5 WordPress framework based on ZURB’s Foundation, a powerful tool for building prototypes on any kind of devices. Reverie follows HTML5 Boilerplate standard and is hNews microformat ready. It is optimized for Search Engine while at the same time improve readability.
How about mobile devices?
Reverie was built with mobile devices in mind.
It certainly was no afterthought:
Reverie uses media query to adjust for all kinds of devices, including phones, tablets and computers. Reverie is also optimized for iPhone and iPad.
Not only will it display correctly on mobile devices, but any screen resolution as well.
- HTML5 Boilerplate standard and is hNews microformat ready.
- Optimized for SEO.
- Basic CSS included, you can also use it as a finished theme.
- Foundation files are separate, you can update Foundation without any problems. Of course, is is always a good idea to have some backups.
WordPress Specific Features Include:
- Clean image HTML output for TinyMCE, only class and alt are returned. Post title will be automatically used for alt.
- Custom menu output for ZURB’s sub nav.
- Custom caption output for HTML5 figure and figcaption tags.
- Custom filter for images, will automatically wrap images with figure tag.
- Two Widget: sidebar and footer.
- Two menus: top navigation menu and footer information menu.
- Template structure inspired by Roots. Separated loops from templates, for better WordPress practice.
- bbPress.php included, compatible with bbPress 2.0. Looks good even without styling. Visit ThemeFortress forum for example.
- Several custom page templates are included in the package. A folder named custom is used for storing all your custom page templates. You can share your custom templates in the forum.
- Looks good but what if you don’t need these features? Sure, you can turn them off.
I really like this framework, as it’s both responsive and completely keeps WordPress in mind.