The creative process can be a tricky one, but we usually look for answers in the wrong places.
There isn’t a sure fire way or even a 12 step program for successful ideas.
It’s a long and hard road.
Here’s a good survey of the creative process:
To highlight the five tips, here they are:
- Place yourself in a pleasing and healthy environment that helps the mind be open to insights.
- Practice methods of retaining ideas in order to make use of them later.
- Put your ideas to the test by cultivating groups of people with distict congnitive types.
- No matter how many times you fail to achieve an idea, continue the pursuit.
- When a good idea becomes reality, invest time to discuss what helped it and what could have been done differently.
I think the 3rd step/idea/point is where we really miss out. Letting people who think differently than yourself is hard, followed by the 4th point, a place that most throw-in the towel.
What do you think?
[via Column Five]