You are likely to be familiar with Craig Groeschel and LifeChurch.TV. They are on the cutting edge of doing church online, and seem to be doing it effectively.
Highlights of Church Online Platform
Here are some highlights with some screenshots of what you can expect.
The Church Online Platform is a free tool to help you launch an online ministry. It removes the barrier of technology, so churches everywhere can reach the people they are uniquely equipped to reach.
Online services created with Church Online Platform include:
- An embedded video area for your message and music
- A slide area for graphics you upload
- A way for people to request live prayer
- Social media connections
- Tab options including chat, visitor map, sermon notes, and other text
- You’re in control of your church online environment: the look and feel, the information, the settings—it’s all up to you. You’ll get a detailed guide that will walk you through the setup process.
- How do you want your church online to look? You can choose a ready-made theme, tweak a theme according to your preference, or go the advanced route and provide your own CSS styles.
- You’ll enter your church’s information, add your logo, set login requirements, provide links, determine donation settings, decide which tabs you’ll use, and more.
- The Church Online Platform gives you tools to create online events for your ministry. The schedule is in your hands. Will you offer one main service multiple times throughout the week? Or will you integrate additional experiences (like mid-week services or special events) into your schedule?
- Any event can be scheduled to occur one time or multiple times.
- Each event can be assigned different video streams, slides, and interaction.
- Slides – Graphics before and during your service
- Chat – Interaction with your community
- Prayer Queue – A queue makes sure requests get personal attention
- Team – Different gifts for different roles
- Online and Offline Modes – A way for your church to be welcoming when you’re not live
- Streaming – Your video, your way
- Mobile Devices – Online ministry, everywhere
- Multiple Languages Ahead – Structured for translation
If you are still not sure that this is something suitable for your church, they provide a great series of questions that you can go through with your church staff to help you navigate through this whole process before you dive-in headfirst.
If you’re like me and all you are waiting to do is sign up, then do it now!
(I signed up today and they say that within 1-2 business days my account should be set up and ready to roll)
Are you in? What’s holding you back?
[via Open Church Platform]