Chris is a great guy.
I connected with him on Twitter and we started talking video. I was just starting to get into it.
Chris has been neck deep in it, so I asked him questions and he was happy to share knowledge with me. My goal, however, went beyond that as I wanted to cultivate a relationship that extended beyond merely talking shop, and it happened. We got to hang together this year at Story 11 and it’s cool that I can call Chris a friend.
Recently, Chris took his rad video skills from Valdosta, GA and has joined the team of West Ridge Church in Dallas, GA. He has been producing some really cool stuff for them. I was waiting for the time when they’d give him the chance to really show his chops and that came recently with a video he put together for West Ridge’s ‘Night of Worship.’
Check it out:
I asked Chris if he could break down how he shot this video and thankfully he obliged:
Some other interesting tidbits:
- No post-production color-correction. Everything was done in camera
- Some optical manipulations were used for some of the effects (Chris is being a party pooper right now and not telling us what he did!)
- Worship Pastor at West Ridge, Andrew Pray (not a stage name) did the music
- Utilized an old jib on a dolly for the overhead shots
- Camera used was a Canon 60D
- Lenses used were Nikon 28mm, 50mm, and 105mm as well as a Canon 24-70 L lens