There are some great mobile apps for prayer.
While the Prayer Notebook app is my favorite for private personal prayer, Instapray would be ranked first when it comes to community based prayer apps.
Instapray is a delightful mix of social network and prayer.
Instapray – Prayer App
The design and feel might remind you of Twitter or other social network apps, but there is undoubtably one focus: prayer. If you think this is just some kind of “Christian” social network, you’re only partially correct. Is this an app used by Christians? Yes, but this is not the place to chat it up about your latest blog post.
While you can browse global prayer requests and join established prayer groups, I really see the power of this app being used in real church life. The thought of a Bible study group, ministry team or entire congregations using this together is really exciting. Even missionaries who connect globally with other missionaries, supporters and friends and family back home, will find Instapray both encouraging and inspiring.
I never thought I would be excited about a prayer app, but here I am, excited about a prayer app.
- Share your prayers with others
- Receive prayers from around the world
- Build your own trusted and supportive communities
- @Tag People in prayers and comments
- Browse through the global prayer feed
- Follow users that impact your life
- Create your unique profile
- Search for particular #hashtags, users, prayers or groups
- Connect with your Facebook account
- Keep track of all your prayers and interactions
Instapray is available on both Android and iOS, too!
Instapray is free, but it’s mostly awesome.