VCVBC Songwriting Studio 2.0 for iOS is a great app for songwriters that works great on the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. It also includes audio recording capabilities and tons of sharing options!
This awesome “musical sketchpad” helps you organize your lyrics, chords, melodies and rhythms into beautiful chord charts. VCVCBC uses a very comfortable workflow to allow each songwriter to finish a song in the way they work best. This isn’t a cookie cutter solution, it’s for the songwriting artist. Ideas and songs can be shared via email and Dropbox in a variety of formats, including audio, MIDI, PDF and a proprietary format to collaborate with other songwriters who are awesome enough to be using the VCVBC Songwriting Studio, too.
VCVBC Songwriting Studio 2.0
This iOS app is currently $4.99 in the app store and is worth every penny.
If you are a songwriter, this is a great way to get the song that’s in your heart, to other peoples ears.
- Start with a lyric, melody, chord progression, rhythm or a quick recording of anything, really.
- Record an audio demo for each line, section and/or the entire song.
- Want to just record something fast? Record a quick idea with one tap from the first screen, and develop it into a full song when you’re ready.
- Save songs as PDFs, text or ChordPro files, either directly to Dropbox or over email.
- Create MIDI or audio files from your melody and rhythm ideas.
- Export songs directly into OnSong to create your original set lists.
- Print to any AirPrint-compatible printer.
- Rhyming Dictionary conveniently available when editing lyrics (requires online connectivity).
- Over 20+ chord progressions built-in, with powerful chord editor for endless combinations.
- Built-in metronome with tempo tap.
- Inspiration button generates a random quote, joke or phrase to kickstart your songwriting flow.
Giveaway We’re giving away a copy of VCVCBC Songwriting Studio 2.0 to you and a friend of your choice! Here’s how to enter: Leave a comment below telling us who you would like to give a copy to. Share this post via Facebook, Twitter or Google+ and tag your friend. If both you and your friend enter to win, you double your chance it being picked! 😛