Twitter fans rejoice!
Some example posts for the curious:
- Is Twitter a One-Sided Phone Call
- Tweet Less = More Effectiveness
- A List of Twitter Clients
- Tweet-Block? Know What to Tweet
- Building or Killing Relationships with Twitter
- Broadcast Model
- Twitter for Business Use
- Having Twitter Goals is a Good Idea – Personal Favorite right now…
- Using Custom Twitter Backgrounds
And so on.
But here’s the thing: the topic of “how to” use Twitter is nothing new and there’s already 1,000+ websites covering Twitter extensively, some of which have been around for years.
So what makes Darren’s entry so special? I think, among a number of other sentiments, that it’s the community that he’s brought with him. It’s all about the community, and who can front against a new blog that sports 100+ comments on post #5?
It’s this unseen ad-value that Darren’s brought which makes it special, and perhaps the comments and people buzzing in the community will be Darren’s most valuable asset.
And that’s a good thing, because the masses will produce far better content as a total body than Darren can do by himself.
It is, perhaps, this model that is one to be emulated. His leverage and pull of community toward add-value tools and communication mediums is helping everyone who joins the cause. It’s much less about him than what he believes he can help others achieve.