Jordan and Kristin Rippy—a husband and wife duo from Lakeland, Florida has recently published its debut worship EP, “Seek You First”—a collection of 6 original worship songs—that hit the Top-20 on the iTunes charts in its genre. I love discovering new worship artists and songs and this one has been a real pleasure!
To introduce them in their own words, “we have a passion for the presence of God and seeing lives transformed and people healed when they encounter Him. We love to join creativity and simplicity in songwriting so that our music is compelling but easily used in corporate or personal worship.
We’ve been married for 7 years and have two beautiful girls. We are passionate about worship and community and believe that at it’s core worship in the local church is all about leading people you love with people you love.”
About the Songs in “Seek you First”
- Seek You first: A mid-tempo call to God expressing a soul’s hunger and thirst for His presence.
- Glorious Sound: Another mid-tempo song—a plea for revival; could also work as an intercessory prayer for a city.
- Come Like the Wind: A beautiful invitation to the Holy Spirit—every time I listen to this one, the bridge especially blows me away!
- I Will Dwell: This is a lovely tune on a minor scale—a prayer to be with God and in His will.
- Spirit of God: A fervent prayer to the Lord to minister to us and change us.
- Come and Drink: Lyrically, I think this is the best song on the EP—a superb take on John 7:37-38 with an irresistible chorus!
The music and the lyrics are simple, singable and easy to learn—so all 6 of them should easily fit into regular Church praise and worship sessions. In fact, the simple arrangements make these songs usable for personal worship too. I also like the balance between “me” songs and “we” songs in this EP, which is becoming rare of late in a world of too many “me” songs.
Having said that, I especially liked “Come like the wind”, “I will dwell”, “Spirit of God” and “Come and drink”.
Nicely produced, I’d encourage you to give this a listen—you will not be disappointed!
Where to Get It
“Seek you first” is available to purchase on iTunes.
Check out their website for free chord charts and videos too. And watch this video for “Come like the wind” to get an idea of what the EP sounds like:
And finally, we have a FREE giveaway here! All you have to do to qualify is leave a comment—we will pick one random winner for a free digital download of the entire EP!
Update: The winners are Kayla Buckner, Kurt and Chris. Emails are on the way!