It’s hard to believe we have another year under our belts, isn’t it?
Even though ChurchMag has been around much longer, we have only been doing the top ten annual blog posts for five years now. So with 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015 lists already in our rear-view mirror, it’s time to add yet another…so without further ado, I present to you the top ten blog posts of 2016 – and a few thoughts and insights following:
- The Best Email Client for You [2016 Edition]
- 6 Free Android Bible Study Apps That You Can’t Miss
- The Best Task Management Tools for 2016
- 11 Ways to Say “Thank You” to Your Church
- 7 Apps that Changed My Life in 2015
- Ten Blogs to Follow in 2016
- Should A Christian Own A Hackintosh?
- 7 Ways to Use Facebook Live this Week
- Adjusting to Android : Rejecting iPhone Idolatry
- 11 Fantastic GIFs for Any Occasions
I will say this list isn’t the most scientific. In fact, I’m thinking about how I can make this annual list better in the years to come. As of now, I simply look at the pageview analytics of the past year and collect the top posts published in the past year. There are a few problems with this approach – mainly the fact that posts published earlier in the year have a clear advantage in accumulating more pageviews than those posted more recently. Throw in some metrics like social media and reader engagement, and it’s easy to conclude that my whole system needs to be revamped.
Another item to be added to my 2017 todo list. 😉