From The City:
The City is a division of Zondervan and is located in Seattle. We build web based software that helps churches lead people into deeper local community using online tools that help them build connections and encourage growth.
- Social Networking: The City’s social networking features allow your church attendees to share ordinary life all throughout the week, which deepens community. Also, personal profiles incentivize congregants to keep their profile updated. This constantly refreshes your database, ensuring more effective and accurate communication.
- Email & Twitter Friendly: Content created on The City goes to everyone’s email so people don’t have to log-in to see messages. Recipients can also reply to your post from their email. Are you a Twitter fanatic? You can easily tweet from inside The City or update your City status from Twitter.
- Privacy When Needed: True community requires trust. Content created in The City is always kept private and secure unless you choose to share it more broadly. It’s also easy to communicate without having to share your email address or other personal info.
- Assimilate Newcomers: The City has specially designed “Connect Groups” to help introduce newcomers to your church. Connect “agents” are given tools and processes to help newcomers find the small group or opportunity, then connect them with the right group leader.
- Continuous Church: The City uses social networking to make church a continuous, ongoing experience, not just a Sunday thing. Keep members involved all week long.
- Enable Outreach: The City is an online space where your church community can continually share life and organically rally around those in need. Use The City Plaza and Facebook integration as a powerful outreach tool as you engage with the local communities and neighborhoods surrounding your church.
- Tools For Your Leaders: Your small group and ministry leaders will love all of the features that help grow the church, including insightful reporting and targeted on-going communication options. Plus, improved training modules, whitepapers, videos, and author interviews from The City are always available.
- Big Picture Reporting: Our church health dashboards will give you key insights into overall church participation. The City offers fresh insight into your church community, and can help you understand participation in small groups, attendance, member activities, and much more.
- Complete Donor Management: Easily receive online donations from your church members via The City. Track all giving statements and pledges for your church’s donors. View clear reporting, find inactive donors, and enjoy end-of-year summaries.
- Database Management: The City takes the pain out of capturing and maintaining member data. Member-created profiles mean your database is always up-to-date. Also, create offline accounts for your members who are not yet on The City, so you can have a centralized place for all of your member information. Plus, we host your database, so you won’t need to worry about hardware, upgrade, and technology costs.
- Online Training and Support: The City provides training modules for almost every aspect of the product. Plus, get 24/7 online support for any issue or question you have. On top of that, our knowledgeable staff is here to help, and we want to support you as you enable the mission of your church.
- Pricing: $19-165/month (or more) + set up fee. Based on church size.
- Platform: Web-based
- Website: www.onthecity.org