I have been a paid SugarSync user for over a year now. Actually, I just passed my one year anniversary. It’s one thing to use a free product, another to pay for a product, and a completely higher level of loyalty to renew and keep using that service. I am a SugarSync fan through and through and it has become one of my top three productivity apps I use everyday.
Simply, SugarSync has created a powerful tool that enhances my existing workflow while maintaining a simple user interface.
Here are some of my highlights.
• The number one reason I love SugarSync is because I can use my existing file structure. It doesn’t force me to move my folders into a shared folder like Dropbox does.
• Pro versions are competitively priced. Pricing is cheaper than most competitors (I use the 100GB option)
• SugarSync is not only a productivity tool for me, but also adds some redundancy to my backup planning.
• I have appreciated the collaboration ability to be able to set permissions for my shared folders.
• Simple startup screen to choose which folders you would like to share.
• Ability to share specific folders with your various machines. I sync/share different folders with my wife and work computers.
• Ability to share and/or backup specific folders on the fly.
• For those used to DropBox, and enjoy working with only one folder, SugarSync offers the same simplicity with their “Magic Briefcase”. This is one folder which stays synced across all your computers. (Just like Dropbox)
• Strong mobile development and support is a must for me. SugarSync has an active development team and have created some strong apps for your iOS, Android and Windows phones.
If you’re unsure about SugarSync, give it a try. After all, you can sign-up for SugarSync and receive 5GB of free storage! (referral link)
What do you like about your current sharing app?