Social media can be great to get your name out there. But what do you do when:
- Your social media manager posts an inappropriate post on your business account.
- You are critical of people and it is received negatively.
- Someone has a bad experience with your pastor or church, so they create a video showing their frustration and you don’t respond.
This is social media crisis management time. Do you know what you would do in these situations? You need to.
Here are our three tips from the infographic below to help you start constructing something:
- Be humble. Admit when you messed up and apologize. Then deal with the consequences of your tweets and actions.
- Delete posts that must be removed, but know what is negative but not worth deleting. Sometimes an apology in the comments can be great.
- Know when to react and when a troll is just being a troll. You need to own up to your mistakes, but sometimes people are just being mean and you need to be the biggest man and move on.