The New Year is here and you already have your new year’s resolutions and the goals that you want to achieve in 2012. Thinking of your list, how many of these goals are to do things for the Lord? How many of them are to do things to make an impact for the Kingdom? Are there any on your list at all?
Either way, it’s never too late to set a goal to do something awesome for God in 2012. Since you know the Bible, what do you think you can do for God that would make Him extremely happy?
Bring Lost Sheep to the Great Shepherd
Jesus said in Luke 15:7:
I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.
We know that God isn’t willing that any people should perish, but that all would come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9). We know that God cares so much about those who don’t have a relationship with Him through Jesus Christ. So what can you do about one of the things that God cares most about in this world?
You Can Share Jesus on Twitter
I’ve had the privilege of sharing all sorts of Biblical truths this past year on Twitter and to say that the results have been great, would be a huge understatement. You can potentially reach thousands of people with the Gospel and point many people to the Savior on this wonderful social network. People are searching for the answers to life’s toughest questions and they are willing to hear what you have to say about them.
Recently, I sent this tweet on a random day of the week and it got 23 clicks by my followers alone. That’s not even counting the number of re-tweets and clicks by people who don’t follow me. Not bad for just 2 minutes of my time 🙂
To view the full page view of this tweet on Twitter click here.
How to Effectively Share the Truth With Others on Twitter?
Sure you can search for some nice evangelistic video and just tweet it to your followers. You might get a few clicks if you’re lucky or you might get none at all. However, if you follow this strategy consistently, you will reach some people guaranteed:
- Pray – before you do anything, you MUST pray. Without prayer, there is no divine direction for your tweet. Ask God to show you what to share, when to share it, and if there’s a specific follower that you can share it with. You’ll be amazed at the results!
- Search – look online for some cool Christian resources that you can share. You don’t just have to limit yourself to evangelistic resources, you can also search for other things too that are relevant to your follower’s interests. Keep reading and I’ll give you 3 free resources at the end of this article that you can share with your Twitter followers.
- Tweet at peak times – for maximum impact, you need to send your tweets when most of your followers are online. To get your free analysis of when people are reading your tweets, I recommend using Crowdbooster or Buffer. You can also choose to schedule when to send your tweets from these apps. Buffer has the added advantage of scheduling Facebook posts too.
3 Amazing Videos That You Can Share with Your Followers Right Now
- Know God on Nick Vujicic’s website – what’s it like to be born without limbs? Ask Nick and he’ll tell you of his painful road that ended up leading him to believe in Christ as Lord and Savior. Nick has a very unique ministry and you don’t want to miss it. Learn more about Nick at Life Without Limbs and share this video with your followers.
- That Whoever Believes in Him video – From the wonderful folks at the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association, this is a great video to share that shows people giving their testimony about how Jesus changed their life. People who watch this video also have an option to accept Christ when they visit the page.
- Is a Relationship with God Possible video – Groundwire.net is a fantastic ministry that’s committed to reaching a generation for Christ. On this page, they use a video testimony of former Korn band member, Brian “Head” Welch. They also explain the Gospel to viewers and they give them an opportunity to pray the sinners prayer. Brian’s testimony is hardcore, filled with drugs and violence, which is just an awesome reminder that no one is beyond God’s reach. Check it out here
Don’t let the New Year pass by without you sharing Jesus with your Twitter followers. People all over the world are hurting, searching for purpose, and wondering if God really exists. Point a lost generation to the only One who can give them joy, purpose, and wipe away their tears. Create tweets to point them to Jesus!
Do you think that Christians need to be more actively sharing Jesus and the Gospel on their social networks?
What do you think of these video resources?
[image via David Paplia]