The title of this new blog series seems to be a contradiction in termini, meaning there’s an inherent tension in the title itself. How can you possible equate playing RPG’s with productivity?
It all depends on how you view productivity.
To me, productivity doesn’t mean getting as much work done as possible. Or working the maximum amount of hours in a day. Or crossing off as many to do’s as you can.
Productivity to me has everything to do with being effective and efficient. It means accomplishing your goals—whatever these are—with the least amount of resources, including money, time, and energy.
And one of those goals may very well be to become a world class RPG player 🙂 Plus isn’t it more fun to learn productivity hacks with the added flavor of a bold RPG sauce? Just saying.
Anyways, in this brand new blog series, we’ll cover any and all topics that will help you become more productive. The goal isn’t to work harder (spend more hours playing the game), but to be smarter (make brave choices that will advance you to a higher level).
Here’s some of what we will cover:
- What’s the Megaplot? Finding your Goals in Life
- 4 Ways of Looking at Prioritizing
- Nuking and Spiking your Way to Success
- Min-Maxing Yourself: Small Changes that Create Big Results
- How to Slay the Email Monster
- Surviving the Dungeon Crawl: It’s all about that Focus
- Balancing Alternate Characters: Healthy Boundaries
- Real Life Has No Mules: Learn to Say No
- Hacking-and-Slashing through the Day: Grouping Similar Tasks
- You Can’t Twink Your Way to Health
- The Good thing about Grinding: Why Routines Work
- Cutting the Dialogue Tree: Breaking Ingrained Habits
- Remorting by Rejuvinating: the Importance of Rest
- Gamemastering your To Do List: To Do Lists that Actually Work
We’ll keep adding to this list as the series progresses, so keep checking back for more topics.
What is your biggest productivity problem right now?
Share in the comments so we can cover this in the series!