Can you imagine building an RPG game with Microsoft Excel?
Cary Walkin did and it’s available for download!
This is nothing short of impressive:
- Random enemies: Over 2000 possible enemies with different AI abilities.
- Random items: 39 item modifiers result in over 1000 possible item combinations and attributes.
- An interesting story with 4 different endings depending on how the player has played the game.
- 8 boss encounters, each with their own tactics.
- 9 pre-programmed arenas followed by procedurally generated maps. Each play-through has its own challenges.
- 31 Spells. There are many different strategies for success.
- 20 Unique items. Unique items have special properties and can only drop from specific enemies.
- 39 Achievements.
- This is all in a Microsoft Excel workbook.
Did I mention this is all done in Microsoft Excel?
Walkin has even included a full wiki.
Do you have Microsoft Excel? Download it here!