Phile Cooke, author of “Branding Faith“, shares his top five biggest mistakes Christians make in the media:
- We’ve Forgotten the Power of Creativity.
Christians are more likely to rip-off from secular culture than create something original.
- We Don’t Understand Perception.
Because the world is full of continuous distractions, perception makes the difference between someone listening and someone ignoring.
- We Don’t Speak The Language of the Culture.
We speak a “Christian” dialect. Use the language of the culture you’re reaching.
- We Don’t Understand The Power of a Name.
Companies spend millions on developing a name. Christians should think about what meaning their name is conveying.
- We Don’t Recognize the significance of a Niche.
Who is going to respond most to your message? Start with them.
I encourage those that find this interesting to read Cooke’s entire article and add your two cents.
I love this guy.
[via Phil Cooke]