Today’s Meatspace Monday is actually a bit different as I was not able to secure a “guest poster” for today’s post, which is fine. I’m so very thankful for Jeff, who’s post last week received some good attention and even challenged a few to write down their thoughts in their own blog.
I love when that happens.
So today’s challenge is riding on the coattails of a great idea from Darren Rowse from TwiTip.com:
Can you identify 10 people that you follow on Twitter that have provided you with inspiration, encouragement, blessed ideation, and more that have proven to be such a wise-choice (and follow) that you’d recommend them to others?
Jot them down and blog it out. That’s the first step.
Then, message them a word of encouragement, a word of thanks, or go at them hard and challenge them yourself…! Go do something with your network…!
Here’s my list of some tweets (recently) that I’d highly recommend that you follow and whom I’m going to thank personally for letting God use them as He has already done:
- @rhetter – This guy’s combination of interests are weirdly cool.
- @CynthiaWare – She finds stuff that I don’t find first. That’s awesome.
- @AllTheNations – A fellow developer for Jesus.
- @TerryStorch – Household name, but above the fame… hey, that rhymes.
- @JeffHenderson – Leader and Mentor-via-Twitter (is that possible…? yeah.)
- @TonySteward – He has too much energy for me.
- @MichaelHyatt – Wise leader.
- @Loswhit – Uh… Community Manager of the Future.
- @JohnDyer – Fellow developer / theologian.
- @Lightvox – Creative. Period.
So go make some use of that network and encourage someone. But don’t stop there.