27 Million – that’s the number of slaves in the world today – more than any other time in human history.
To raise awareness of the anti-human trafficking movement, British worship leader Matt Redman and hip-hop/electro group LZ7 are releasing a single called “27 Million.”
Here’s the music video:
Here are some of the facts about modern day slavery:
- Human trafficking is an organised criminal activity that affects every nation.
- There are an estimated 27 million people on the earth today trapped in some form of modern day slavery.
- There are an estimated 1.39 million victims of commercial sexual servitude worldwide.
- Tragically, only 1-2% of victims are rescued.
- Remember every number is not just a statistic it represents the life of a victim.
This is a great chance to raise awareness the issue.
Spread the word and buy the track!