Every so often I find a web tool that is worth sharing a little more than just information. The revamped Google Docs toolset, especially the Google Forms, is one of those. It essentially puts Survey Monkey out of a job in my opinion because it’s simply integrated with the other google products, but I do have to put my caveat in here… it’s still in BETA (and it really is, reports of “bugginess” have been found).
Google Forms can easily create forms, surveys, and the like, and has built-in reporting as well. So here’s the quick and dirty on how to create your first form, and then just imagine the possibilities.
Hook one up for your next ministry gig, activity, survey, etc!
1. Get to your Google and Sign in!
2. Start entering in data! Put your Form Name, and then questions. Choose from drop downs, to text boxes, check boxes, etc…
3. Hit “Save” and then check it out!
4. There she is…
5. Try it out and hit “Submit”.
6. Then go see the “analysis”.
7. Wow. That’s pretty.
8. Check it out as it exports to Google Spreadsheets… and then Excel!
9. Voila. You’re a pro. Now go make another one.