Written by John Dyer, From the Garden to the City is at the very heart of ChurchMag.
Technology—from the first stone tool to the latest smartphone—has changed our daily routine, the way we communicate, and even how we encounter God. We often laud the benefits of technology (increased quality of life, faster ways to spread the gospel) or bemoan the detriments of technology (decreased attention spans, reduced interpersonal contact), but fail to properly address its transformative power.
John explores how technology fits into the Biblical story and shows how to view technology through a scriptural lens.
It’s good. Really good.
Starting next week, we will journey through From the Garden to the City by exploring a chapter every week.
Here’s how you can join-in:
- Write – Each week we will feature a different writer. We have a few spots left, so email me your full name, email and blog URL at eric [at] churchm.ag and I’ll get you the details.
- Comment – Join-in by commenting each week. If you’ve penned a blog post about it yourself, drop a link, too!
From the Garden to the City Blog Tour Map
- Week 1 – Introduction – Aug 31st – Adam Shields
- Week 2 – Perspective – Sep 7th – Chris Ridgeway
- Week 3 – Imagination – Sep 14th – Wes Allen
- Week 4 – Reflection – Sep 21st – Greg Deitz
- Week 5 – Definition – Sep 28th – Tim Ricchuiti
- Week 6 – Rebellion – Oct 5th – Andy Darnell
- Week 7 – Approach – Oct 12th – Jerrod Burris
- Week 8 – Redemption – Oct 19th – Ben Terry
- Week 9 – Mediums – Oct 26th – Antoine Wright
- Week 10 – Restoration – Nov 2nd – Seth Caddell
- Week 11 – Technicism – Nov 10th – Matt Anderson
- Week 12 – Virtualization – Nov 16th – BJ McGeever
- Week 13 – Conclusion – Nov 23rd – Sam Peckham
- Week 14 – Autographed book giveaway! – Dec 7th – Eric Dye
Yes, that’s right, there will be two signed copies of From the Garden to the City given away!
One copy will be randomly given to one of our stellar Tour Writers, while the other copy will be randomly given to one of you who have commented all 12-weeks.
I’m so excited, I can hardly wait!