It features rich text editing, options for changing its appearance, style and many more. You can use it in any commercial or non-commercial projects.
Main goal of the editor – simplify work with text and formating (HTML) on sites, blogs, forums and other online services. elRTE was developed for ELDORADO.CMS.
Here are some of the other features:
- Advanced work with CSS
- Setting indentation (margins, paddings) for images and table cells (seperate for each direction)
- Controlling border properties (width, style, color) with convenient dialogs
- Writing element properties as CSS-style always when possible
- Lightweight, fast and easy to integrate
- Interface appearance is configured from one CSS file
- No templates used
- i18n. The editor can be easily localized into any language. Currently available in English (default), Russian, German and Ukrainian languages
- Designed to work with elFinder file manager, but can also be used with any other
- Flexible for extensions
Looks cool although I haven’t run across it in the wild. We all know that we are looking for something better than textareas:
and something functional that isn’t as bloated (or broken) as some of the WYSIWYG’s out there.
Let us know what your initial reactions to elRTE are.