When DJ Chuang emailed me about the upcoming .church domain extension, I knew I wanted him to share his knowledge with you.
All the legal information and multiple dates and stipulations can get really hairy. Thankfully DJ is a really smart guy who is passionate about helping churches get their .church domain name!
While some churches may not think they need to consider purchasing a .church domain, you may even want to consider investing in it for a few good reasons:
- The long term: It’s hard to predict the future of the Internet, and while .com’s and .org’s may seem ‘good enough’ today, a .church may be superior tomorrow.
- The short term: If anything, you should consider grabbing your .church for the sake of keeping .church domain names out of the hands of Internet ‘bad guys.’
Here’s some opening comments and important dates from DJ Chuang:
Some important dates to keep in mind:
- July 8th 2014 – 60-day sunrise period
- September 10th 2014 – Early access program
- September 17th 2014 – Public launch and general availability
You can hear more from DJ Chuang on the ChurchMag Podcast as he talks more in-depth about how the release of .church will work.
Is your church ready to get a .church domain?
We’ll do our best to help. 🙂