The number of fans you have on Facebook is a vanity number because people can easily like your page and then never interact with your page. Or maybe you create a Facebook ad and due to ad-click farms, you get a bunch of fake accounts that flood your page and actually hurt your reach. But when if we could actually add value from the number of fans you have on Facebook?
Enter Smiirl, an expensive device that’s only job is to be a physical counter for the number of fans you have on Facebook, Twitter, or any counter you can plug into their API.
Here’s their sales pitch:
- Skyrocket your Facebook audience.
- Inside your business, your counter will warn your visitors that you are on Facebook and encourage them to subscribe to your page, it is a loyalty tool.
- Attract new customers to your store.
- Set-up in your storefront, the counter will display that your audience is growing and your establishment is renowned. It is the “digital” equivalent of a full terrace versus an empty terrace!
- Grow your turnover.
- 60% of small businesses reach new customers thanks to social networks, what are you waiting for? It is an efficient way to improve your customer loyalty, attract new customers and generate more revenue!
Feels dumb, right?
But what if you put this counter around your local small group sign-ups booth that notes how many people are engaging with your church?
Or maybe you put it right at the entrance to show how much more people can have a dialogue when they leave the building?
Maybe you put this counter outside your Comms Pastor’s office as a simple gesture to connect your online groups and livestream with people who come in so people in service can pray for those who did not physically show up?
Now I want to buy one for our church!