How in the world could you do all that ministry if you miss your alarm and wake up at 1:00pm? Timely is a relatively new alarm app for Android that does a little bit more than other alarm apps. Let’s take a look.
A lot of thought went into making timely useful on any number of devices.
- Google Cloud Sync This might seem like a strange feature for an alarm app, but after using it, I think every alarm app should have it. Sign into Timely with your gmail and your phone, tablet, whatever, Timely will import all existing alarms synced with that account. You can even pick and choose what alarms you want to go off on which device. Great.
- My Alarm App I’ve mentioned before that on Android I expect a certain level of customization from everything, and Timely doesn’t disappoint. You can pick a color theme for all three pages (Alarms, Time, and Stopwatch/Timer), and for a price, upgrade to even more themes. No two Timely-s look alike!
- Widget Timely’s widget is beautiful, and adapts to whatever size you’ve re-sized it to. A great addition to every homescreen
There are only a few things that aren’t implemented with as much style as the rest of the app.
- No Tutorial Since Timely does some unique things, I would expect it to tell you what it does and how. I shouldn’t need to default to a FAQ page to discover all the features, it should tell me up front.
- UI Quirks There are a few actions when setting alarm times from the left most pane that require extra taps, and that just makes me wonder, “Why?”
- More In-App Clock Faces The options that it gives are great, but I can see some great potential for opening it up to themers to make clock face extensions. Yes I’m that obsessed.
What do you think? Give Timely a try and let us know how you feel in the comments or across any and every social media platform imaginable!