This is the twenty-eighth article in the series App of the Week series.
One of the many things that sets Android’s OS apart from iOS and other attempts are live wallpapers. These can range from animated wallpapers to full fledged games running as your phone’s background. There’s always been a sweet spot for me when it comes to live wallpapers. Some are amazing to look at, but get too difficult to appreciate when you begin to populate your screen with apps and widgets. Others are too labor intensive and will contribute to battery drain. Let’s see how Spiderfly Studios does at Stormfly, their first attempt at a live wallpaper.
It’s a beauty that sits back and lets you appreciate it.
- Beautiful Gorgeous minimal walls for every weather scenario, day or night.
- Accuracy Accurate weather data is displayed on the top 1/3rd of the screen, leaving the rest of the screen open for widgets and apps.
- Ease of Use A helpful dashboard app with easy to understand settings, and just the right amount of customization so as not to drain battery with labor intensive processes.
- Extensions A Dashclock extension for quick access to weather details on the Lockscreen Widget if you use it.
It’s a brand new app and the first of it’s kind from the Spiderfly team, so there’s still a few things to work out.
- I’ve only come across one bug, that being for some unknown reason, the wallpaper will display black instead of beauty (and no, it’s not a clear night sky). This has been reported in the Stormfly Community and a warrant has been put on this bug’s head.
- Some walls are perfect, but others leave me wanting just a little bit more than what’s provided visually.
- This team makes beautiful things. It would be nice if there were a way to access just a little more detail than what’s provided.
These devs have done an amazing job in the first few days since Stormfly’s release. I forgot to mention all of the proceeds from this paid app go directly to a cancer patient in need of financial assistance.
What do you like or hate about Stormfly on Android?