Here’s a great example of a job description for an “Internet Campus Pastor.” Edit and change as needed.
I thought it was a good one, but this particular person would be a “dream” candidate. Most pastors aren’t technical experts and vice versa, and this job req has a lot of it. This particular candidate “aint no slacker.”
And if you find one of these, please let me know…
Check out the example job description after the jump…
Job Title: Internet Campus Pastor and Web Manager
Reports To: Communications Director / Executive Pastor
Position Summary: Lead and develop the internet presence of _____________________ Church, which includes information, resources, the online community, and building/establishing an internet campus. The role is a leadership position as both a pastor and a technical expert. It will involved building a team of staff and volunteers to perform these essential functions.
Online Community Development and Pastoral Leadership:
- Research, establish, lead, and support an internet campus. The model should include service elements each week, logistical support for internet campus volunteers, follow-up on campus visitors, and working with third party service providers.
- Setting up online small groups and teams for community building, online and physical events.
- Maximize web strategy and resources to connect people to Christ and the community.
Design and Develop:
- This role will be interfacing closely with communications, graphics, and video production teams.
- Oversee the design and development of the church’s web site(s), ensuring a consistent brand and messaging.
- Ensure the site(s) are effective in providing information, resources and community to the public and the church, furthering the Church initiatives and strategies.
- Design and implement the information architecture of the church’s web site ensuring ease of navigation for visitors.
- This role will be interfacing closely with the communications team.
- With the Communications Director you will lead the planning and implementation of web content and design for the church’s web sites.
- Work with staff and volunteers to develop and maintain the most updated information for the sites.
- Continually develop and maintain the church’s SEO ranking for the best ranking in Google searches and organic returns.
- Maintain and develop any internal content needs.
- This role will be interfacing closely with the IT department and managers.
- Monitor the site(s) performance and make necessary adjustment to ensure maximum availability and performance including web site capacity planning.
- Perform technology needs assessments, research and evaluate new technology to determine whether it could be beneficial for the church.
- Maintain synchronization of production and development web server.
Strategic Planning and Development:
- Lead the development and implementation of a strategic plan for the church’s web presence.
- Develop functional specifications for web related projects. Manage RFP process, vendor selection and management for these projects.
- Ensure that the site’s content and online communities are developed and supported according to the church’s strategic initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Web development experience – 2-5 years, preferably with experience building websites.
- Leadership and management – Built and managed teams of five or more.
- Ministry – Spiritual leadership roles.
- Social Networking – Has an established internet community and utilizes web resources well.
- Ministry – Pastoral Leadership, small group leadership, leadership development.
- Communication – Exceptional online communication experience, phone skills, writing, public speaking, creative communication, and blogging.
- General – Project management, organization, multi-tasking, cultural relevance.
Of course, feel free to add/subtract, and change according to your needs…!
Pass it on and share the love.