Kevin recently asked me if I could provide him with some tips and suggestions on how to make a case for WordPress within the context of a ministry and non-profit organization. I told him a few Fortune 500 companies that use it for their online properties but I then shot him this list of government organizations that leverage WordPress.
This is exceptionally cool since not only do these organizations believe in the feature set of WordPress to handle their needs but also in the ability to make them secure. If you’re trying to make a case for WordPress then you could probably start with this list:
- Air Force
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- Coast Guard
- Defense Intelligence Agency
- Department of Energy
- Department of Homeland Security
- Department of State
- Department of Treasury
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- Marine Corps
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
- National Reconnaissance Agency
- National Security Agency (NSA)
WordPress is growing. It’s here to stay. There are other great Open Source platforms out there as well but WordPress is definitely worth a look.
Good luck on developing your “case” Kevin!