I love podcasts, I’ve been listening to them for more than five years and making them for a couple of years. The ability to consume them anywhere, anytime, makes them my most favorite of mediums.
I’ve done video podcasts before, I don’t like them.
I consume podcasts when I’m doing administrative work, mowing, in the car, and doing dishes. Sometimes I need a little entertainment, sometimes I love a bit of facts and professional ideas. Many of my podcasts vary in length from 10 minutes an episode to a couple of hours. I tell you all of this because I want to share nine of my favorite podcasts out there and figure I’d give you some of my biases.
I hope this list helps!
I do recognize that there are more church technology podcasts than these nine, but these are my top favorite in no particular order (except the first):
1. ChurchMag Podcast – I’m going to cheat and make this first one about ChurchMag which I’m on. I’m proud of it, not because it’s the most helpful or make you curl over laughing, but that we want it to be welcoming and familiar. We get to have fun, share stories and opinions, and generally find community with you and with each other. We do hope you enjoy!
2. This Week in Tech – For those that are sensitive, they do take a secular view on technology, so do not expect to have the same worldview, but they do have the latest and greatest information on gadgets, philosophy of tech, security, and software.
3. Social Media Church Podcast – A long running podcast that looks at social media of course, but has begun to tackle many other church technology topics outside it’s name.
4. Church Marketing Podcast – A new podcast looking at church communication with churches as well as pastors that want to do marketing better.
5. The Fizzle Show – A look at how a person can not only do a business for themselves, but also go for their own job. It may not feel like a direct connection, but you will be inspired and motivated afterwards so give it a try.
6. Church Tech Talk – If you are in charge of your church’s Sunday sermon presentation, whether soundboards, stage design, video production, or the presentation software. If you are part of any of these, you should be checking them out right away.
7. Geek Fit – This is another secular podcast that takes a look at how geeks who love technology can continue to be healthy. I will admit, it’s very informative, but kind of boring at times. So don’t go into this if you want to be entertained.
8. <re/code> decode – If you want to hear from some of the biggest names in technology, like the SEO of Slack or Twitter legal staff or more, this is going to be good for you.
9. The Ask Darrel Podcast – Darrel has a basically series long Ask Me Anything about social media and marketing for churches for those that want to get a “quick marketing bite” during your breakfast or quick run.
Did I miss any great podcasts for this list?
[ChurchMag Podcast image via Chris Wilson]