There is so much great stuff out there in regards to plugins for WordPress. As I’ve already mentioned before, “if you can dream it WP can build it.”
I really mean that. I’ve seen WordPress do things that would make your heart stop. And then on top of that, it’s free…! God is good.
Here are 5 Plugins that have crossed my virtual desk in the last week or so that are just dope:
- Fundraising Thermometer – A simple plugin to gauge giving for fundraising. Just think of how you could use this for your ministry or organization. Helping your congregation or visitors visualize the experience of participatory giving is awesome.
- Brand your WordPress Login Screen – It does just what it says it does. That’s cool. Simple and effective, it can give your users (or a Multi-Author WP environ) a nice touch.
- Search Unleashed – I personally have tried about 30 different “advanced search” plugins for WordPress. This is the best one I’ve ever used. I use it here on ChurchCrunch. I’d want to say it’s a “must have” but if you’re down with providing a less-than-effective search experience for your users, then don’t download it. The simple fact is that you want your visitors to find what they are looking for. Period. Don’t lose someone because they got frustrated with your site!
- Glossary – It’s a glossary. Cool. But just think creatively how you could use this for your ministry or organizational website. It could be an easy way to catalogue content, people, etc…
- Connections – This one’s awesome. Need to create an Address Book or a Directory for your church or organization? Take a look at this thing. It’s got more features than it probably needs, and that’s a good thing.
Any plugins for WordPress that have you “fired up” lately? Share ’em!