We want to make this Twitter chat a huge success for everyone that participates. For some, it may be your first interaction with this medium in a forum type setting. The benefit of doing it this way is that it is public to anyone giving equal voice to all, while being organic in nature to complete the surveyed conversation. Here are 5 things to keep in mind with the Twitter chat:
- Utilize the #youthmin hashtag. To participate in the discussion, you will need to always include the hashtag. So many times in these discussions, people will carry off on tangents, have their own side discussions, and interact with others who do not know about it. Some of the best conversations happen in those sidebars which is why these Twitter chats are so great. But you need to remember that the moderators will only look be looking at tweets with #youthmin.
- Bring your own viewpoint. We ask the basic questions that look at the basics of youth ministry without a context of big church or little church, para-church, mission based or seeker focused, amateur or veteran, urban or suburban. This is intentional, such that you can be the expert as well as the inquisitor. Bring what you know because it is invaluable and ask the questions to clarify what you do not.
- Show Up Prepared. We gave you the questions and it would be wonderful for you to do some research before hand so that we can have the best conversation possible. Besides, if you are the experts in your field, we will be looking to you for the answers. Be prepared.
- Use a Twitter desktop or mobile client for best results. Unless you are okay with updating the Twitter.com website every five seconds, we recommend using a Twitter client that you can customize it. A couple recommendations are Hootsuite, Tweetdeck, and Tweetchat. With these, you can make a single list based off of the hashtag #youthmin and keep up-to-date with the conversation.
- Don’t spam. It is great to bring helpful resources and ideas to the conversation, but spamming and shameless plugs are not welcome. You may have the best product in the world and that is wonderful, but this is not the forum for it.
We look forward to chatting with you and know that the conversation won’t end when we finish, but you can continue it through this site!