Pornography is wrong.
There’s no debate.
In fact, many non-Christians are against pornography. It’s not just a religious issue, it’s a cultural one, as well. Many of the “reasons” listed against pornography are focused on the negatives.
Now, as much as you may think:
Who needs a reason? Isn’t one enough?
It should be, but many statistics surveying the Church say otherwise. In fact, a great deal of you reading this post right now, have viewed pornography within the last 6-months.
As the Church struggles to be less about rule making and focusing on what Christians are not suppose to be doing, let me present to you a list of 40 positive reasons to avoid pornography:
- I fully enjoy the pleasure of my love relationship with Christ.
- I fulfill my true identity as a child of God.
- I experience God’s provision of empowering grace.
- I enjoy my freedom in Christ to its fullest.
- I avoid a life-pattern of deception.
- I cultivate a soft and sensitive conscience.
- I turn away from the solicitation of harlots in my heart.
- I refuse the temptation of idolatry.
- I prove to be a faithful steward of my money.
- I prove to be a faithful steward of my time.
- I abstain from any promotion and support of the pornography industry.
- I preserve God’s gift of loving sexual expression for its intended purpose.
- I protect the purity and power of my God-given imagination.
- I develop disciplined character.
- I guard the integrity of my Christian testimony.
- I promote health and harmony in the body of Christ.
- I cultivate a stronger resistance to future interpersonal sexual sin.
- I nurture the proper biblical view of the sanctity of womanhood.
- I relate to women as equals and persons of ultimate worth.
- I learn to live in reality rather than fantasy.
- I steer clear of unnecessary personal guilt and shame.
- I cultivate a lifestyle of contentment and satisfaction.
- I experience the blessing of living as a servant
- I learn the relational skills of authentic intimacy.
- I avoid future mental, emotional and spiritual scars on my life.
- I experience the joy of the Christian life.
- I lay up eternal rewards.
- I learn to deal with the causes of my problems rather than treating symptoms.
- I prevent potential temptations for others in my sphere of influence.
- I honor the trust and prayer support of those who have invested in my spiritual life.
- I avoid adultery in my heart.
- I encourage my wife’s/future wife’s trust.
- I honor my vow/future vow of marital purity and faithfulness.
- I keep my marriage/future marriage union pure from fantasies of other women.
- I communicate acceptance and honor toward my wife/future wife.
- I avoid the pathway that could easily result in infidelity/future infidelity.
- I minimize the risk of my children/future children from being exposed to pornography.
- I model strong and genuine moral values for my children/future children.
- I avoid embarrassing and embittering my children/future children.
- I encourage all of the above positive qualities in my children’s/future children’s lives.
I hope this aids you in the battle.