This year has been a great one for the movie industry and honestly, coming up with my favorite was more difficult than I thought. Whether you are sitting in the theatre with a box of popcorn or at home streaming off of Netflix and Amazon Videos, you had a great selection.
I agree with every single one of these answers below:
- I loved the latest Hunger Games movie, Mockingjay part one. The books were great and it’s always thrilling to see good books being made into good movies (even though the book is better, as is always the case!). All too often, the movie version sucks, especially with young adult books. – Rachel
- I’m going to have to agree with Rachel. Mockingjay was emotional, powerful, and speaks to my generation. I will say this though, I think the movie was better. – Jeremy
- Chef. A feel good movie about passion and the power of social media for good and evil – Chris
- For some reason—between having kids and moving overseas—I missed the Marvel movies [hangs head in shame]. This past month, however, my wife and I caught up on them all. So I would have to say, without a doubt, that these are my favorite movies of 2014. So full of #EPIC. I was embarrassed to Tweet about watching them and everything—LOL! I would hate, hate to loose my geek card. I lubs it too much. 😀 – Eric
- Didn’t get to the theatre much this year, but my favorite movie was Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Tons of nerd stuff, political commentary, plus the tie-in with TV’s Marvel’s Agents of Shield made this movie awesome – Phil