People who interact with children and social media—parents, children’s ministry at your church, teachers, and anyone else—has probably had a conversation with the kids about online safety. Especially in regards to social media, be that Facebook, Snapchat, and Tumblr. I always get questions on how to keep kids safe and the biggest fault I know about kids who get in trouble is that their parents were not invested and relational with their kids. The rules presented in the infographic are not complex, you just need to do it.
Here are the five rules the infographic shares:
- Ask your child to show you the sites they use.
- Ask your child to set profile settings to private.
- Ask your chid about their online friends.
- Ask your child to only share photos that wouldn’t mind showing you first.
- Ask your child to tell you if they are worried about something online.
[Click for Larger]
What do you do to keep children safe online?