The ChurchMag Job Board is a free service provided to the ChurchMag community. If you would like to submit an employment or freelance opportunity, please, email eric [at] churchm.ag. All submissions are posted at our own discretion.
Front-end Web Designer/Developer
The Christian Broadcasting Network and its family of web sites for The 700 Club, Christian World News, CBN News, Club 700 Hoy, Superbook, and One Cubed is a leader in Christian media.
Through innovative initiatives in video streaming, mobile applications, IPTV, Internet radio, user interactivity and social networking, the CBN Internet team is making a global impact by combining cutting-edge technology with its exciting content mix which includes dynamic interviews, international news reports, special feature sections and powerful Christian ministry.
We are looking for an experienced front-end Web Designer/Developer to develop, design and code HTML/CSS/JS, HTML5 components and projects for CBN websites, applications and site assets promoting television, mobile and home entertainment properties.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Advanced proficiency in responsive design for different platforms (Mobile devices, desktop)
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Must have the ability to provide design for multiple projects with varying timelines
- Must be able to design websites from concept to completion
- Must be comfortable working in a demanding, fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- Solid understanding of integrating video and 3D elements into HTML5/Flash-based experiences
- Working knowledge in web application development for live public-facing, XML/database driven sites and applications (.Net, PHP)
- Needs to be detail-oriented and understand game and interface design
- Must have an understanding of Object Oriented analysis and design
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Needs to be a forward thinker with desire to research, learn and implement new technologies
- Must have a strong understanding of how to create a consistent look and message, and the ability to extend brands through a variety of interactive implementations and mediums
- Understanding and experience with game engines (Mobile and desktop) a plus
- iPhone development using Objective C and Xcode on a Mac OS/X preferred
- Understanding of color, space, typography, and the formal design process
- Strong 2D and 3D Illustration skills or fine art background are an advantage
- Audio and Video editing skills are also an advantage
- Understanding of internationalization and localization requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
CBN, headquartered in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, offers a professional and rewarding work environment, competitive salary and full benefits package. If you meet the listed qualifications, and are in agreement with CBN’s mission and purpose, please submit an application online by visiting www.cbn.com. We are unable to consider resumes without applications.
Online Community Manager
McLean Bible Church is a multi-campus church in the DC area looking for an Online Community Manager. The person in this position will manage everything online—websites, webcasts, mobile app, social media, Internet TV—and integrate it all into one strategy in order to effectively make an impact for the Gospel.
- Collaborate with communications team staff and campus pastors to develop and execute a comprehensive, multi-campus online strategy, including MBC Live, the MBC family of websites, mobile applications, social media, internet tv, and new media
- Execute red-zone responsibilities for MBC Live Sunday worship services and special webcasts, including the management of the video feed to the Internet, A/V switching, and the back-end software functions
- Assist and encourage online congregation through live chat, email and social networks
- Maintain and manage content of MBC’s family of websites, mobile application(s) and internet TV application
- Manage MBC central social media properties (MBC Twitter and Facebook + Lon’s Twitter), including video uploading, planning and implementing weekly editorial calendar
- Social Media consulting and planning for MBC ministries and other church related projects. Responsible for training staff on social media.
- Report on web traffic statistics, and remaining up-to-date on the latest web technologies to ensure efficient development of the site and making recommendations for advancing MBC’s online strategy.
- Responsible for making editorial selections of content for daily updates, working with staff on the best visual and editorial presentation of content, ensuring the consistency of style, branding and design of online properties, managing and enforcing workflows, and overseeing day-to-day operations for online properties.
- Manage vendor relationships & billing
- Domain management & renewals
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Works well with clients
Contact Ashley.Gass[at]mcleanbible.org for more information.
[Image via Becky McCray]