I’d highly recommend reading it since it can provide some good food for thought as well as a powerful justification for why your ministry or organization should try jumping in.
And if you’re reading this already you’re probably don’t need any convincing… so here’s a challenge for you: email this to a leader in a ministry that you know doesn’t use Twitter.
In addition, here’s a good list of other “business” perspectives surrounding the use of Twitter. Starts off with some “basics” and then progresses further.
Check the links out, get a good feel, pass the love on, and then hope for adoption.
- Twitter Guide: How To Do Things With Twitter
- A Primer For Those Who Don’t Get It
- A Juicy Twitter Guide
- Newbies Guide to Twitter
- Benefits of Twitter for Bloggers (9 of ‘em!)
- Twitter for Business Reading List
- How to Use Twitter for Business
- 10 Things to Consider Before Getting Started
- Twitter for Business
- 50 Ideas on Using Twitter for Business
- PR Tactics and The Strategist Online
Tweeting for Companies 101
- How Twitter Made My Website Better
- How We Use Twitter for Journalism
- A Few Non-Boring Ways to Use Twitter For Marketing
- What Web Marketers Should Know About Twitter
- 7 Ways Marketers Can Use Twitter
- The Potential of Twitter
How to Get More Twitter Followers: Some Methods That Work
- How and Why To Use Twitter For Small Businesses
- Twitter Tools for Community and Communications Professionals
- Free Twitter Alerts by Email!
- My Essential Twitter Tools
- SnapShot of twitter.com
- How to use Twitter : Tips from Twitter Users
Thanks to Homer Gaines for the hookup. I just tagged his butt and ctrl-c / ctrl-v’d his rear, but I’ve added a few additional links that I’ve been saving too.