The mobile device is fast becoming one of the largest contributors to Internet usage worldwide – A trend that’s pushing webmasters to re-look the way their site is built from a mobile perspective. But here’s the thing: a mobile-friendly website is only one half of the deal – looks like we need to have an app in place too to keep up or be left behind!
If you’re looking to build a mobile app for your church / ministry, take a look at TheAppBuilder, a DIY mobile app building service used by organizations like IBM’s Smarter Planet. This platform enables you to build a cross-platform mobile app compatible with iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone and HTML5 compatible devices.
With TheAppBuilder, you can build a mobile app for free for your church, event, group, worship-team, ministry or anything else without much technical knowledge. The service comes with a Quick Start Wizard, an Editing Interface, ability to customize the app with your unique Branding (your own logo, icon, splash-screen and color scheme) and more.
A church can kick-start a free mobile app by spending a few minutes entering information the church, its ministries, messages and social activities. It can then be set live instantly for use by its congregation.
A typical Church app built with TheAppBuilder can be used:
- As a quick news point of ongoing church activities
- To schedule and places of ministry activities (a worship team’s concert info for e.g.)
- To circulate past sermon notes for further reflection and devotionals
- To publish images, videos and stream audio
- To promote upcoming events
- To get feedback and suggestions from the congregation
- To add YouTube channels, share tweets etc.
- To facilitate sharing of activities on social sites like Facebook, Twitter etc.
The standard app plan is free, which means you can create a web app quickly using the simple drag and drop interface and publish it immediately. You can make unlimited number of updates too without any cost. Premium plans give you the ability to charge for your app, make it private or publish it to app stores like iTunes for iPhone/iPad, Google Play for Android phones/tablets and Windows Phone Marketplace.
Here’s the link: http://www.theappbuilder.com/