Different types of running apps are all the rage these days, particularly the ones that track your route using GPS.
Runtastic Pro for Android takes it to a whole new level by implementing Google Earth technology into the mix
Check out the video below:
Other features include:
- Voice feedback during a workout: Get audio feedback for each mile or kilometer
- Live tracking: Show your friends and family where you are
- Cheering: Hear cheers and receive messages live from your friends and be motivated to go even further
- Auto pause: Session is paused automatically when you stop movement (e.g. at a red light or tying your shoe). Works for running, biking, skating, cross-country skiing and handbiking.
- Runtastic Earth View: Watch your workouts in 3D, including mountains, monuments and buildings (free Google Earth App required)
- Heart rate support: runtastic chest strap
- Heart rate zone training and analysis: Choose a heart rate zone to monitor and optimize your training (i.e. fat-burning zone)
- Split table with dynamic mile and kilometer split
- Calorie goal: Set a specific calorie goal and use the voice feedback to reach your workout goal
The app is available on the iPhone as well but does not have the Google Earth functionality.
What’s your favorite running app?