Could you learn how to play the guitar with this iPad app device?
Guitar Apprentice is a full-scale, electric-guitar-style controller that transforms iPad into an amazing guitar-learning experience. Simply place your iPad into Guitar Apprentice’s fitted holder, open the Guitar Apprentice app, and you’re ready to go. Guitar Apprentice can be played anywhere as it requires no cables or external connections. Guitar Apprentice’s strings can be strummed together or plucked individually, and its 14 fretboard-fret buttons mean you can easily play thousands of songs.
- Full-scale guitar body with strap pegs
- Fitted iPad holder with 30-pin dock connector
- Lighted fretboard and free guitar-teaching app* teach you basic guitar skills
- App includes built-in effects: distortion, reverb, flanger delay and more*
- Built-in speaker with volume control – play anywhere!
- Access to iPad headphone input for silent practice
- Works with GarageBand and dozens of popular iPad apps
- Core MIDI-compliant
Interesting, for sure.
The Guitar Apprentice description goes on to say, “become a skilled guitarist in no time.”
Call me old fashion, but I think the only thing a user of the Guitar Apprentice will become skilled-in is a skilled iPad player.
I don’t think this was a bad idea, as much as it misses the importance of learning on a real instrument. On the other hand, considering the effects and options this has, it would make a pretty awesome instrument all on its own.
Can you imagine this being used as an instrument in a Sunday morning worship service?