Adding a single map on a church website “About” page isn’t that big of a deal. Grab the code from Google Maps, drop it in via HTML view, and you’re done. However, if you flip back over to “Visual” mode, WordPress cooks the code and your map is toast. Besides, if you’re church website is being used by a novice, this can be a little too rigorous.
Effortless Google Maps is a WordPress plugin that allows you stylize your Google Maps, as well as making it as easy as a shortcode to add them to any WordPress Page or Post!
Effortless Google Maps
Adding a Google Map is as easy as adding a shortcode. For example:
[effortless-gm address="1180 Seven Seas Drive, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830" zoom="street" size="200x200" theme="float_right"]
- Google Maps V3, no API Key Required.
- Shortcodes with options make it easy to customize.
- Widgets provided.
- Works on all modern web browsers.
- Multiple plugin themes available. These themes tweak the look, position, and other style attributes of the “map box” without affecting the rest of the site.
- Create your own custom plugin themes. Tweak the CSS and easily re-use the style on multiple pages, or create a unique style for each page.
- Multiple maps
You can download the Effortless Google Maps plugin from the WordPress Plugin Directory.
If you want to place multiple locations on a map, for small group locations or multiple church campuses, take a look at the Google Maps Store Locator Plus WordPress plugin in the WordPress Plugin Directory!