The new Google algorithms, dubbed Panda and Penguin, have had big effects on blogs and websites. Strategies that once worked, don’t anymore and sometimes even backfire.
So what does content marketing look like with the new Google, in a post-Panda world so to speak?
This infographic shows interesting results and techniques.
Here are the main take aways:
- spammy techniques like paid linking will now backfire;
- keyword stuffing doesn’t work anymore and neither does over-optimization;
- be careful with your ads-to-content ration, as this is something that Google takes into account as well;
- content is king, great and original content is favored in the new algorithms;
- make sure your site supports Google key mission of ‘good guys making great websites for users’.
[Click for Larger]
Have you seen the effects of the new Panda algorithms on your website or blog?
What do you think of Google’s strategy?